Sunday 13 January 2013

The dreaded school lunches

With the school holidays slowly drawing to an end its time to start thinking about getting organised for going back to school. And the part that I dread the most would have to be school lunches. I always feel so guilty when I feel like i'm sending my daughter to school with the worlds most boring lunch box. But  I am simply not creative when it comes to that sort of thing. So this year I have decided to use the internet as my inspiration (Pinterest will certainly get a good workout) and try to spice up my daughters lunch box. No more Jam/Vegemite sandwiches (which she never eats anyway) with a piece of fruit some rice crackers and a bottle of water. It is a relatively healthy lunch but not very enticing. I have decided to meal plan the lunches so i'm never stuck for an idea with 10 minutes until the bus comes.

This is what I have seen so far that I am planning on using for inspiration

This page has so many great and healthy ideas! some wont work for me but then again some will. But with so much choice it could keep me going for weeks!! 


Another place to find hundreds of ideas for lunch time.



Im feeling a bit better about my lunch quest now that i know that there is a lot of great places to go for idea's. Im thinking that a three compartment lunchbox is the way that im going to go. I hope they are not too expensive as Miss G is not very good at bringing this sort of thing back home. I might need to stock up. 

If you are more creative than me feel free to leave suggestions in the comments, or even links if you have posted idea's on your blog. 

Let the lunchbox makeover begin :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment