Wednesday 9 November 2011

My Weird Diet

In my house, there are some pretty strict rules when it comes to food. We eat a low fat, low Gi, Low sugar diet with only lean proteins. I know that it sounds like a fairly boring diet, i also know that my friends think that our food habits are a little odd. But it's really not as bad as it sounds, well at least i dont think it is. To me it is a little bit like the swap it campaign they seem to be advertising a lot at the moment, except we swap different things. In my house we swap white foods for brown, so thats brown bread, brown rice, brown (wholemeal) pasta. We swap full fat for low fat that includes everything from milk to salad dressing to soup. we swap junk food for healthy snacks (which is the part that kills me).

So... what does a normal day of food look like at my house?


Breakfast = weet-bix with low fat milk and sultana's. +glass of milk for Kidlets

Snack = piece of fruit, and low fat yoghurt

Lunch = wholemeal wrap with tuna and salad. Fresh juice (watered down for kidlets)

Snack = celery/carrot/green beans/capsicum sticks with dip (low fat hummus, low fat philli etc) 

Dinner = cottage pie made with kidney beans instead of mince, and sweet potato instead of potato and grated veggies in the sauce

Dessert = homemade wholemeal piklets with fruit and soy ice-cream. (skinny cow ice cream for the adults)

So its not too boring but all in all its pretty healthy, quite cheap and its still yummy.

The kids eat most meals without complaining although my eldest sometimes complains that she never gets to eat fast food. 

No comments:

Post a Comment