Friday 4 November 2011

Update- No Sugar Challenge

Just a short post to let you know the results of my sugar free challenge

before i start this post i must admit that just before the 21 days was up... i cheated :(  I am really disappointed in myself. Its very out of character for me to not achieve a goal that i set for myself. But i guess that i am after all only human and that means i am entitled to fail every now and then. It was not a total fail though - i did manage to lose a little bit of weight (2 kilo's) which was the reason for taking the challenge in the 1st place.

So for the 19 days that i did follow the challenge- how did i survive?


Well i ate even healthier than normal. I got a lunch box out and i filled it with chopped up carrot sticks, celery stick, long fresh green beans and capsicum. i also brought a container of skinny hummus for dipping them in. i put the lunchbox in the front of fridge and i grabbed one every time i went into the kitchen instead of grabbing a cookie or lolly like i usually would.

I also drank A LOT of water.

I found that eating healthier helped change my mindset and made it easier to get myself to out and exercise. It changed my whole outlook and made me feel great. (which is why i don't understand why i decided to cheat?)

I did get a little cranky for the 1st few days as my body was getting used to not having sugar, but after the first few days had passed i was back to normal and feeling much healthier.

It is definitely something that i will do again and recommend to my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment