Tuesday 10 January 2012

Coming clean for the last 4 kilos

Well the silly season is all but over, NYE has come and gone and most of the junk food that was accumulated in my cupboard after all the get togethers, has almost all been eaten.
That means its time to tighten up my diet and get back into the swing of exercise. It was nice to have a break and eat all the naughty foods, but the scales tell me that a little bit of damage was done. The silly season has added almost a kilo to my body (very grateful that it was not A LOT worse).
I was/am feeling a little less than inspired so, as with everything i went to Pinterest to help me get motivated. I found some great inspirational posters and i will share my favourite ones with you.


I am also going to be brave and share my weight and measurements. Now I am aware that many people believe my weight is fine.  I am often criticised for wanting to lose weight. BUT I am the only one who can decide what i would like my body to look like, and I am the only one that gets to choose what weight i would like to be. I am not meaning to offend any one, I am simply wishing to be the best "me" that i can be.

So here in my pinterest induced inspiration!!!

The one's that will help me make good food choices




The inspiration to make good life choices





And this one i have on my phone. Its a good short work out.


Now for the bit where i come clean about my weight and my figure....

I am 173cm tall
I weigh 64.2 kilos
My BMI is 21.4


Here are my starting measurements:
Arms 28cm
Chest 88cm
Waist 78cm
Tummy 95cms
Hips 96cms
Thighs 56cm

And here is what my troublesome mid-section looks like... Oh Gosh... I can do this.... Just take deep breaths




So this is me, and hopefully it is the last time that i will look like this. 

i plan to weigh in once a week, measurements and all. I will also tell you what i ate and how much exercise i did. 
So here i go on my journey again.... Wish me luck 

Please feel free to comment and tell me about your weight loss journey if you are on one of your own.  

5 comments:

  1. Good luck hon - i understand where you are coming from as our bodies sometimes just won't budge on one part of us (for me my thighs will never be think again). I am a smidge shorter than you at 172cm and i weight 67kg after finally losing the extra 3 1/2 kg i gained in europe in 2010. my prekids weight was about 63kg and that has been in the back of my head for 8 1/2 yrs but i am turning 40 next month and am not sure it is realistic to expect that weight from myself. i am still losing weight very slowly and would be very satisfied if i got to 64-65 kg. the more i let go of the need the more the weight has come off as i tend to snack from boredom and stress. relaxing and being happier has led to elss of that eating.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Deb, Maybe i should give not thinking about it too much a try. Congrats on loosing the 3.5 kilos from your holiday. So jealous! i would LOVE to go to europe! Maybe wen the kids are a little older?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with your weight loss!!! You sound very motivated (I wish I was!!!!) I talk about it all the time, hopefully you will inspire me - :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maybe we can motivate each other Paula? I was a bit slack this week. I did tighten up my diet but i still had some bad snacks and i only did minimal exercise :( Not expecting much of a change on Tuesday when i stand on the scales. But there is still tonight and tomorrow so I am staying positive :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brave post and very inspiring. I'm the same height as you and my (non pregnant) weight is about the same. Like you I am always on at myself to get fitter,do more pilates, lift more weights, eat better...my own personal version of kaizen. I have a few months to go before bub # 2 pops out but then...well, just watch me GO, go, go as I get into baby weight loss mode!
    Park Confessional
    http://parkconfessional.com/

    ReplyDelete