Wednesday 5 October 2011

A clean spot

Have you ever discovered a hidden mess and wished that you could just cover it back up or close the door again and walk away? Well thats what i felt like this morning. While i was doing the washing up this morning i dropped the lid to a bottle and it rolled across the kitchen and came to a stop behind the curtains. This particular curtain never gets opened as there is a table in front of it. I bent over to pick it up, moved the curtain to the side, and there it was. A big dusty, mouldy mess. I wanted to move the curtain back over it and walk away but i knew i couldn't.

So i busted out the cleaning products and i cleaned the mess. When i finished i took a step back to marvel at my work and thats when i saw it. I had created a clean spot!! I hate it when that happens. I had started cleaning the bench beside the window when i glanced over and noticed that the cupboard doors needed wiping down. Every time i cleaned something i noticed something else that was dirty. And so went my morning. before i knew it, it was lunch time and the kitchen looked like a bomb site. Isn't it funny that when your in the process of cleaning something you can make so much mess! is it just me? or does this happen to you as well?

Well its now 2pm and all the walls, benches and windows are finally clean But the washing up that i had started this morning is still not done. While i'm glad that the kitchen is now sparkling i thing that next time i uncover a big mess i might just cover it back up. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment